maandag 18 oktober 2010

Holiday 2010 Mac a tartan tale...hopefully with happy ending...

I need to get something off my chest, I really like Mac, altough sometimes the make-up artists selling it scare me (even when I do my best to dress up and have make up on, you know it really bugs me when I get the feeling that sales assistants make you feel like you don't belong somewhere.) I once asked my mother to pick up something for me and she is the "only a little mascara type" and they just ignored her...why???? Something I learned from several years of sales experience is that you may NEVER judge the client by its appearance ( I once sold a man who looked like he did not own a shower 1200 euros of Sisley creams....) but that aside, I wanted to make another point ;)

On the Disney villains launch day I went to the mac store and just 4 hours after the launch, the items from the villains collection were sold out....yes correct sold out....So I was standing there and I could just not believe it..all the Mac lady said to me while I standing there like a child who had been told Santa does not excist (still struggling with that...;) was 'you should have come earlier' and she walked away, chattering of with her fellow make-up artist. I know it was a limited edition collection, and I guess champagne bottles popped due to the succes, but think of all the dissapointed mac lovers who went home empty handed...So please dear dear Mac, I hope there is more stock of the holiday collection, I already have a wislist, short but sweet, I hope I will be able to unwrap some of the Tartan goodies this Christmas because I have been a very very good girl this year. Here are some promo pictures of the Mac Tartan collection. (plus my wishlist items). Enjoy!

Ik moet gewoon even iets kwijt...Ik vind Mac een heel fijn merk echt waar, maar soms geven de make-up artists je het gevoel dat je in de weg staat (zelfs wanneer ik in full make up en in een fashionable outfitje in de stand verschijn) Ik heb eens aan mijn moeder gevraagd of ze iets voor mij bij Mac wou halen, (mijn moeder is het type "beetje mascara is genoeg") ze werd gewoonweg genegeerd...Waarom???? Een van de belangrijkste lessen die ik ooit heb geleerd in de jaren als verkoopster is dat je een klant nooit of te nimmer op zijn uiterlijk mag beoordelen, (ik heb ooit een onverzorgd uitziende man 1200 euro aan sisley cremes verkocht.....) maar goed, daar wou ik het eigenlijk niet over hebben.

Op de lanceerdag van de Disney villains collectie kwam ik 4 uur na opening van de winkel binnen en tot mijn schrik waren alle items van mijn wishlist verkocht, op de vraag of er nog een zending binnenkwam kreeg ik alleen als bits antwoord dat ik eerder had moeten komen....tja ik voelde me net een klein meisje dat net te horen had gekregen dat Sinterklaas niet echt bestaat (daar heb ik nog steeds moeite mee...;) Ik kon niets anders dan vol ongeloof naar het display staren...Ik ben mij ervan bewust wat limited edition betekend, en ik kan me voorstellen dat de champagne ontkurkt werd vanwege het succes, maar denk aan alle mac liefhebsters die met lege handen thuiskwamen...Dus Mac alsjeblieft, zorg voor stoomboten en arresleeën vol Tartangoed, ik ben een braaf meisje geweest dit jaar heel lief en zoet. Mijn verlanglijstje is kort maar fijn, zolang er maar genoeg spulletjes op voorraad zijn, dan weet ik welke pakjes onder de boom voor mij zullen zijn, mooi maar klein. Voor mijn lieve lezeressen wat promoplaatjes van de Tartan goodies en mijn verlanglijstje ;)





Dazzle the lads lip bag

you can never have enough high quality brushes and these sets are too cute!
















images from www.temptalia.com