maandag 13 februari 2012

Red Carpet report: The 2012 Grammy Awards

Gee...I really think I am jaded, altought there were a few gowns that made me very happy at the Grammy red carpet. I wonder if many changed their coloured outfit for a black one, because there was a lot of black going on even on women who usually make colourful appearance. In a way that pisses me off a little, not because I don't like black, but if the black outfits are meant as a tribute to Whitney, I always wonder if it's an image thing or true respect. Let's be brutally honest here, I think most artist looked down on her because of her life struggles and now she is praised by all. When will people learn to show appericiation when someone is still around instead of doing that when it is too late. Poor Whitney got so much bad press and now they can't praise her enough for her talent... But back to the red carpet (I really needed to get that off my chest, Whitney was a beautiful singer who had some very unfortunate life stuggles, I always hoped she would rise above them and be that phenomenal artist once again. Sending her daughter strength for this immense loss..poor girl..)

Here are my red carpet winners for the 2012 Grammy awards, let's not make this too heavy for the mondaymorning ;) Ps I also included 2 men who really looked handsome in their grammy outfit ;)

Goh....ik ben echt een beetje afgestompt....er waren best een aantal mooie outfits bij de Grammy's maar ik heb niet op het puntje van mijn stoel gezeten. Ik vraag me af of veel sterren al vooraf hadden besloten om zwart te dragen of dat er veel last minute zwarte outfits bij zaten. Weet je dat ik daar een beetje pissig om wordt? Niet vanwege de zwarte jurken, dat kan erg mooi zijn, maar de eerbied die celebs voor elkaar hebben als je eenmaal dood bent, terwijl ze hoogstwaarschijnlijk op een ander neerkeken toen die nog leefde. Wanneer gaan mensen nou eens leren elkaar te waarderen als ze er nog zijn? Arme Whitney heeft heel wat te verduren gehad van de pers, en nu wordt ze de hemel in geprezen....tja jongens, daar is ze nu al hoor....(ervanuitgaande dat er een is ;) Whitney was een prachtige zangeres en het is heel heel spijtig dat ze zoveel problemen had, ik bleef altijd hopen dat ze zou herrijzen als het fenomeen dat ze ooit was. Ik wens haar dochter sterkte toe bij dit verschrikkelijke verlies, dat arme meisje...)

Nu terug naar de red carpet looks om het een beetje luchtig te houden op de maandagochtend. Ik heb er ook 2 heren bijgedaan die er zeer handsome uitzien in hun Grammy outfit.

Fergie in Jean Paul Gaultier, this
looks so much cooler on film
(I watched the red carpet show
immediately afterrolling out of
bed lol) some will think this
is too much, but if someone can
pull it off it's Fergie.


The winner of the evening,
Kelly Rowland in Alberta Feretti
 
Hillary Scott looks stunning in this
gown and look at the cute shoe!
Dress by Monique Lhuillier.  

Rihanna, black and gold is
always a winner. This is
from Giorgo Armani.

Kate Beckinsale, she knows what works
for her but I would have preferred a nude
shoe or strappy sandal. Dress by
Zuhair Murad.

Shaggy

Adam Levine